Knowledge CenterThe Dilemma Series
Would you like to know which candidate is going to perform better in normal work routine?
Would you be interested to assess candidates through different scenarios before hiring them?
The Dilemma Series is a situational judgement test (SJT). SJT is a type of aptitude test that assesses judgement required for solving problems in work-related situations. It presents various work related scenarios and a number of different answer choices. Candidate need to rate the answers on a scale from least effective to most effective.
SJTs are also useful for assessing soft skills and non-academic, practical intelligence. They are often used in combination with a knowledge-based test to give a better overall picture of a candidate's aptitude for a particular job. They are an effective way of sifting candidates from a large pool.
The Dilemma Series SJT assesses following competencies:
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- People skills
- Planning and coordinating
The scenarios presented in the dilemma series range from ethical dilemmas to difficulties with colleagues or clients, to common everyday problems. It assesses the key competencies companies believe are essential for employees to possess to be successful in the particular job role applied for. In each scenario, one or more of the competences from the job description is likely to be tested.
The dilemma series online sifting and assessment tool helps in following areas:
- Graduate Dilemma – finds the most relevant graduates to take through the to the next step of assessment
- Administrative dilemma -find the right people for admin, clerical and secretarial roles
- Customer service dilemma - find the candidates who can meet and exceed face-to-face customer expectations
- Call centre dilemma - find those who can deliver excellent customer service
- Management dilemma – find and develop effective managers
Benefits of Dilemma Series:
- Developed to reflect practical, realistic and relevant job scenarios, resulting in greater perceived job relevance
- Designed with fully automated marking so it’s error free and quick to score
- Used to generate competency based results, which can be easily mapped to the requirements of a specific job role
- Online delivery platform that allows to easily invite candidates to take tests, track their progress, and view or export candidate scores at any point in the recruitment project
Request a demo if you want to know more about The Dilemma Series.